Just a quick little note to keep everyone updated. I've been wearing my bands for most hours of the day...about 15 hours a day. I know...not 24 but that's the best I can do. Except for weekends I keep them on about 23 hours on Sat and Sun. It's weird that my teeth move so fast! I can tell my teeth move back like by Tuesday night...compared to Monday morning after having my bands on 23 hours a day on the weekend. Crazy!On another note, one of my friends from California texted me the other day and said he got braces! Our convo went like this:
M: Hey Girl! How have you been?
C: Hey there I'm doing good and u?
M: Just gout out of the dentist!
C: That sounds like no fun!
M: No cuz I'm getting braces
C: Really! OMG...U will be like me!!
M: Yup
C: Ha!
M: I'm going to feel weird.
C: U will but ull get used to them.
M: Ya ur rite...I hope!
C: You will...trust me...follow my blog: www.braceface1983.blogspot.com
End Convo!
Hope everyone is doing good!
xoxo,
C
That is AWESOME! Someone to enjoy the "grill" with you! :) haha.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! :)
-makay
Well done, u have been doing well. Its amazing the difference the bands make :)
ReplyDeleteGoodluck to your friend :)
xxx
Hey Claudia,
ReplyDeleteMy surgeon just gave me rubber bands at my most recent appointment. They are horrible. I can't imagine how you've been wearing them this long!
When is your surgery?
Tasha
Sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the band wearing...
Hi All,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments :)
Bands are a pain that's for sure...I think it's what I hate most about wearing braces!!
Jawnomnom- I may or maynot have to have jaw surgery, I'm hoping that the braces will align my bottom jaw back into place.
The ortho said that I must have hit my jaw (which I don't remember doing) after my adult teeth had grown in. So sometime after my permanent teeth set in to about a few months before my dentist noticed my bottom teeth were all slanting to the left. They were all slanting to the left because my jaw was tilting to the right. So your teeth automatically want to be parallel to your top teeth to meet at a bite. Which is what was causing my teeth to all slant. The theory is that the braces will force my teeth back into place which will force my jaw back into place. If it doesn't work, then I will have to have jaw surgery to set my jaw in place.
I don't have to have surgery to correct any kind of overbite or under bite, it would be to correct my tilted jaw. I hope that makes some sense?! I know long explanation! LOL
xoxo,
C