Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Almost 10 months!

Hey fellow brace bloggers!

I had an ortho appointment on Monday afternoon, all went well! I was worried about getting in trouble for not wearing my bands 23/7...but on the contrary he understood I worked and did a lot of public speaking...but he told me not to expect to get my braces taken off in June, which would be one year. He originally estimated 12-18 months...he told me it would more than likely be 18 months. I guess I can't complain considering I'm not wearing my bands like he'd like me to. He did say that I am on track to get them taken off in December and nothing past 18 months...which was a good thing :)It will be the best Christmas present EVER! So exciting just to think of that day!

This is what I have been doing with my bands...putting them in Bug's hair! LOL










I sat on the chair, the assistant took my wires out and gave me the option to brush and floss. I decided to bring my own toothbrush this time (Thanks to Makay! She mentioned it in one of her posts...and I stole her idea :)

It's always so exciting to see my teeth minus the wires! I always thing...WTHeck? They look straight to me...why can't I get them taken off already! LOL...but obviously the ortho thinks otherwise! haha!

I had thicker wires put in both on top and bottom...I also had the powerchains put on both sets of grills. It's always nice to get a new clear powerchain since after 10 weeks of eating you can't help but stain them a bit. (not bad staining) Plus I drink coffee daily...which at the beginning I was worried about staining...but now I go with the flow since I have discovered I just can NOT function without coffee! LOL!

After that I was pretty much done. I still have to wear the same bands...which didn't surprise me considering I don't wear them as recommended. My teeth hurt and are a bit sensitive, but nothing like my last appointment! My mouth is used to the back brackets and things are going as smoothly as they can be :)

I did find this yummy Hamburger Helper Easy Mac stuff... Microwavable, easy, yummy, and best of all easy to eat with sore teeth.












Other things I like to eat after a tightening:
Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
(Sometimes I mix half yogurt and half cottage cheese to get equal amounts of carbs and protein...trust me it's delish!)
Mashed Potatoes
Bananas
Pudding
Protein Shake (Myoplex Light in Strawberry)
Oatmeal
Soups
Milkshakes
Ice Cream

Next appointment is in June...My appointments are also starting to be sooner. I was seeing the ortho every 10 weeks...now I will be seeing him every 8 weeks!

For Fun:

Baby Bug and his new Sock Monkey Bed!












xoxo,
C & B

2 comments:

  1. Haha. BUG is adorable! haha. and the ponytails made my day. : ) THat is so exciting that they gave you a "timezone" to get your braces off. I am jumping for joy knowing I can get them off sometime not this summer, but the next.

    And yes! Your own toothbrush is the best! :) Thanks for the props haha. :)

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your got good news about your braces!

    I now know what to do with my little rubberbands. I have a longhaired cat... :D

    ReplyDelete