Wednesday, August 4, 2010

8 Weeks And Then?!


I went in for my tightening today at 12pm and surprised my ortho by telling him I wanted my braces off by Sept 29th. I just chose 8 weeks from today's date! LOL I told him I was going to a wedding on Oct 2nd and I really didn't want my grill to join me. He looked at me funny and said "what?" LOL actually saw my teeth and said that if I stick with it and wear my rubber bands all the time...it could be done! I'm wearing my bands about 20 hours a day and I have been better about wearing them since I haven't had many presentations lately at work. He wants to see me in 3 weeks on August 24th to see my progress! 3 weeks! He said he would do his best to move my teeth as close to perfect as he could in the 8 week time frame I gave him! hahaha! He said if at the end of 8 weeks he thought I wasn't ready to take them off he would tell me his honest opinion, and then it would be up to me. To be honest, if he can't get them to where he wants them...I won't take them off and just end my treatment later this year. I just want to see how close he can get and how fast he can get there!

My jaw is in place where it should be and there is no need to have my braces on anymore to try to avoid jaw surgery. I will NOT have to have it!!!!! The only reason to have them on now is just for cosmetic purposes. To get my teeth to look nice :D I'm so excited that I won't have to have jaw surgery and that it IS possible to get these suckers off in 8 weeks! OMG! I'm so excited!

He also let me see my before pictures, the day I came in to get my braces they took pictures of my teeth. It's amazing how different my smile is from that day! I'm so excited! If you read my first post...I actually didn't think I had crooked teeth and the only reason I was getting the grill was because of my jaw! I'm actually glad I got them because my smile is sooo much better...I'm so happy with it!

On another note, I celebrated my birthday yet another weekend by hosting a BBQ at my house and it was SOOOO fun! I invited about 30 people and I bought tons and tons of food and booze! LOL I wanted everyone to have a good ol' time! And we did...It was also the first time most of my friends and some family would meet the 'boy'! He fit right and and they loved him :) which makes me happy! VERY happy!

I didn't know how much work went into hosting a party! I've had my house for about 6 years and never have had a party...I have small groups of people over about 5 people max and that's work enough...now imagine 30! I decorated my back yard, bought a fire pit, and enough lawn furniture for 25 people! I had help, my cousin and some friends helped me prep food, then the guys helped grill the food. Overall the party was a success! We had lots of fun! It was almost like a going away party for my grill too! haha!






Sharing some party pics!






























































Yummy Tacos! LOL









Some of the girls.









My Mom!












My Bug









5 comments:

  1. YAY! I am so happy for you girl! :) That is so awesome! 8 weeks? Can I get a "Woo Woo"? Seriously. I wish that was going to be the case fore me. ;) More like 6-8 MONTHS! Dang it. Oh, and I am thrilled that your jaw is in the right position! YAY! I really didn't want you to have to go through all that.

    On an side note- The "Guy"- Aight you got me verrrry interested. :) Who is this man? Come on! Give us a picture! ;) hahahaha. You are too cute Claudia your posts are super adorable. I am ecstatic that you love you smile- its gonna be awesome when you are free of your "grill" ha. :) I am so happy for you! YAYAYAYA.

    Love, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 weeks, thats fantastic news :) Hope it goes quickly for you.

    Love Jo
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claudia,

    I am glad you managed to escape the fate I suffered. My jaw was slightly slanted to the right and my lower teeth were off the midline because of that. I also had a protruding lower jaw and some other problems relating to my misaligned jaws.

    Anyway, congrats on your successful orthodontics treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your kind comments! I'm super excited to get these suckers off...I'm wondering if I'll need to know how to talk again?! LOL

    Makay...more info to come :) Things are looking good for us! I'm really really excited about the whole thing!

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete