Just a quick note to let everyone know I have my first tightening on Sept 10th and I can not wait to go in and get my teeth tightened...that means I will be closer to a corrected jaw and a perfect smile! I didn't think I'd look forward to this appointment, but I'm excited/nervous to see what my ortho has to say. I'm hoping that he tells me my grill has been doing an amazing job and that I will get my braces off sooner! I know I'm optimistic but you never know :) It's amazing how fast my teeth have moved! My teeth are noticeably much straighter and look better. The downside is that I have gaps in between my teeth that I didn't have before! I'm guessing this is normal if it's not let me know pls! I'm thinking that the 'powerchain' everyone talks about is meant to pull teeth together and close the gaps?! Any comments would be appreciated! :) It will be two months at the end of next week...time flies! 2 months closer! So excited! I'm sure time will fly by.
Question to my followers:
Does the pressure on your teeth ever go away? My guess is no because I have felt pressure since day numero uno! I know it means my teeth are moving but will my teeth ever feel normal?
About the pressure, it depends on the type of braces you have - if you have the Damon system or SureSmile (anything self-litigating, so no little rubber ties on each bracket, instead they're doors that the wire slides in and out of). With the self-litigating system, for the most part Ive found they are constantly adjusting, so my teeth feel pressure throughout most of the adjustments (except the really minor ones). With the "regular" braces, I found that my teeth hurt terribly for the first week or so, and then nothing until the next appointment.
ReplyDeleteAlso - gaps can be closed without powerchains and bands and stuff. Little gaps are normal as teeth move. :)
Sounds like you're doing great! I looked forward to my first adjustment, as well - and now I REALLY look forward to them, as it means I'm closer to getting them off! :)
Thanks for the info Stephaie! I have the regular braces with the bands around each bracket and the pressure isn't as bad as it was the first week or so, but I still feel a bit of pressure. And every so often one specific bracket will hurt more than the rest.
ReplyDeleteI can however eat pretty much anything I want except bite into things. I just have to remember to cut things into pieces and I'm A-OK.