Thursday, December 3, 2009

First Dental Cleaning with Braces!!!

Hi All,

So yesterday I went for my first cleaning with braces! Quite the experience! I had forgotten about it until I received my phone call reminder. So I called back to see if I needed to do anything special, they told me they would like to have my wires taken out. I told them how I just had them tightened. They said they could go ahead and clean around them and they would do as best as they could.

They were super excited to see me since they hadn't seen me in 6 months since they sent me to the ortho. Actually they didn't even know I went ahead and got the braces right away. They were ecstatic and I got the royal treatment! LOL My hygienist went ahead and cleaned my teeth and she said she didn't even mind the wire because my teeth were so clean! She said it's a bother to have 'bracers' who don't bother to clean their grills, and keep them spick and span!

Since most 'bracers' are teenagers, they don't keep them as clean someone older. I think it's because they don't have to pay for them! LOL...I forked out 3 grand and expecting my insurance will pay the remaining 2500. I tell ya what...I'm not a money tree and I WILL take care of them because I can't afford to get them again! LOL So to all my fellow followers "keep your grills super clean and shiny" the result will be worth it! and I can't wait to see my teeth...minus the grill!

So the cleaning went well...It took about 15 mins longer then usual...she complimented on my clean teeth and explained how it would take a little longer since she had to clean around the brackets and wires. Next time I think I will try to get my wires taken out before I go in...just to make it easier on her.

Oh yeah, and they gave me a bag full of goodies! Toothpaste, additional threaders, toothbrush, pics, and special floss.

By they way I used to use 'super floss' because it had the threader already added to the piece of floss, but honestly I hate using it! It gets stuck in my grill and it's way too thick. Then I get big balls of yarn stuck in my grill! So I started using 'Glide' floss, it's made by Crest. I love love love it! Of course it means I have to use the threaders but I'm willing to do that instead of the super floss. The Glide floss makes it easier to floss...I actually look forward to flossing! I know weird! It's funny, but I buy new things to keep my grill clean and I get excited about using them. I guess it keeps my grill shiny and clean! LOL So anyway, I would recommend staying away from 'super floss' and sticking with the 'glide floss'.

I have yet to post pics...I will soon promise! Just haven't had the time.

Keep Smiling,
Claudia :D

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure it's glide that has a kind of super floss w/ the threader already attached - it's what I use, because I hated how superfloss would get all stuck everywhere and come un-wound. Check it out - I've found it at Target. It's more expensive, but worth it to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. My ortho hygentist said the same thing to me. They were like, "Wow your teeth are so clean. Good job." :) And that therefore proves your theory wrong!!! I'm a teen and they said mine were super squeeky clean! I think it is more of a "guy" thing with the nasty teeth. They don't usually care much for the personal hygene. haha. I met this guy and he literally had yellow teeth! Ugh. Gross. I was like, "Dude, please brush your teeth." :P I'm glad to hear it went well... Keep us posted on your looooonnnnggg and tedious encumberance of your "grill".:)
    Love and Support Always, Makay
    BTW I think it is funny how you refer to your braces as your "grill" I have started to call mine that too. haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie!
    Thanks for the info! I will check out the floss section at Target, trust me I'm willing to spend a little more if it means saving me a few mins everyday I'm sure you can relate!

    Hi Makay!
    You proved my hygenist and myself wrong! I guess it's just a stereotype...and I should know better than that! :) I think I'm joining forces with your theory about it being a 'guy' thing! LOL I like that!

    I think it makes the whole journey, much more enjoyable if I find ways to joke about my grill, instead of trying to hide it and pretend like it's not there...know what I mean? I also call tell my freinds that I have 'be-dazzeled' teeth! LOL

    Keep Smiling!
    Claudia :)

    ReplyDelete