I've been under the radar these last few weeks...I've been so busy with work and visiting my freinds on the weekends! Hope everyone had an amazing New Year! New Year for me was a success! Celebrated with 7 other friends and had the time of our lives! I live in Washington state and the winters here are hard! Snow, ice, no sunshine, the whole 'winter' experience! I must admit I love it...but at times I just want to feel the warm breeze run through my hair...San Diego was just that! Nice 72-75 degrees the whole time I was there! It was just amazing to think that back home it was no warmer than 30 degrees! Coming back after a week was quite an adjustment!
Part of the group on NYE:
.jpg)
While on vacation I broke one of my front hooks that supports the small tiny rubber bands I wear at night time! So I went ahead and pulled the other one off with my tweezers...It would have looked way too funny if I didn't...plus, one hook wasn't going to do me any good I would have to get both replaced! These small hooks/rubber bands are supposed to allign my bite...I'm like 1 cm away from having them all perfectly meet! I swear that before I got braces my front teeth met with my bottom teeth when I would bite down...but all of a sudden they didn't and I had to get the hooks/bands.
When I came home from vacation, I called my ortho and booked an appointment for that same day. It took no more than 10 mins to get my hooks replaced! That night I wore my bands and then next morning my teeth were killing me! They hurt so bad :( Must have been because I hadn't worn them for about 5 days. Amazing how one day can set you behind!
I go in to see my ortho on Feb 1st...I'm excited to go in. I guess I'm excited every time because it means I'm one step closer to getting this grill off my face! It also means that the closer I am to getting my bands changed the closer I am to being able to have MUSTARD!!! I absolutely love mustard and before my bedazzles I used to have it all the time! Post-Grill...I've had mustard 3 times! :( I can't have mustard because it stains my clear bands! Turns them yellow, and frankly that's the last thing I need! It's bad enough to have braces...but to have yellow, musty, gross looking ones: Worse! So I wait until the night before I'm getting my bands changed to indulge in mustard! LOL
I hope when I go in he tells me I no longer need to have the hooks on my front teeth. Because one: I don't like them, two: They hurt! and three: I just don't like them!!! OK...enough of me complaining! LOL
Here's some pics of my baby...it just makes me feel better to look at his sweet face! (I know I sound like a crazy dog lady!) LOL
Getting home from the groomers:
He was too cold after the groomer choped most of his hair off! He had to wear his little shirt to keep him warm!
xoxo,
C
I am with you girl! I know everytime I walk in to the ortho they are going to rip my teeth out of my head, but hey just one step closer to perfect teeth. :) Thepicture of you and your friends is cute... you are just so darn adorable... you can't even see your grill. haha! And your doggie is so cute, love his little shirt. I can't get any clothes on my dog Tucker... he will get mad if I put a sweater on him. haha. And yeah mustard is only one of the MANY sacrafices of braces, but worth it in the end. :) Good to hear from you.
ReplyDeleteLove and Support Always, Makay
Thanks Makay! You're so right about the MANY sacrafices...and they better be worth it! Though I must admit that I have cheated at times with popcorn and the occasional stick of gum :( I know very bad of me!
ReplyDeleteBugsy, like Tucker, hates clothes...but it's funny becuase since he was shaking cold he kept it on! LOL
Keep Smiling :D
Claudia
What a cute baby!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are doing well and had a good trip. My daughter and I went to NYC at Christmas with some friends. It was so fun. We are still laughing about some of the antics we came up with.
I feel like I have been in braces forever. I will be so glad to eat some of the "good" stuff! It will be awhile for me, but time flies! Right?
Ah! NYC! I've never been, but it's on my list of must sees before I die! LOL
ReplyDeleteTime does fly Rita...It's funny, but I used to think time was soooo slow when I was younger, but now it goes by so fast! I can't wait to be able to bite into a chicken wing! LOL...I will be celebrating the day I get my braces off with buffalo chicken wings!!
Glad to hear you are doing well :)
C