Friday, February 19, 2010

8 Month Update

Next Wednesday will be my 8th month with braces! WOW! I can't beleive how fast time goes by! In four months it will be a year! I feel like I need to celebrate big when my dang grill comes off!

Sorry I've been incognito these last few weeks, I've been so busy with work and also visiting friends and family on the weekends...actually this weekend will be my first weekend home since San Diego! It's not that I don't have anything to do...I'm just flat out tired! I need rest! I want to sleep in! I've been having tons of fun though...I feel like I won't even know what to do when I'm home! hahaha! I went to Vegas a couple of weeks ago and usually I take a vacation day after I come back from Vegas because....Well I need the day to recoup! This time I didn't take a day...I actually flew back home at midnight and made it into the office at 8am! The one good thing is that my baby-bug will be super excited to be home with mom this weekend. Usually my sister will house/doggy sit for me while I'm away or I will take my baby with me. He's gotten pretty used to riding in planes...In fact he's the talk of the plane when we're on! :) Ok enough of me and Bug!

Back to my grill...I'm in pain :( Everytime I wear my bands my teeth are in a lot of pain :(((( I'm over the back brackets bothering the insides of my cheeks, the assistant was right in that eventually I would stop biting my cheek skin once my teeth moved. I no longer have a sore on the back of the insides of my cheeks!! Yay!

I know my ortho is going to be very very upset when I go in and he realizes I haven't been wearing my bands 24 hours a day like he ordered. I just honestly can't help it...I CAN NOT wear them while I'm giving training sessions. (which is taking up the majority of my days at work right now). I'm litterally teaching a class for 8 hours a day. I'm talking the whole time...how can I? Am I over reacting? Am I being a baby? Sometimes I feel like I am because I should just wear them and deal with the pain and the spit and the slurring of words etc. LOL I just honestly can't wear them in the day because of my job...I can't quit to get my teeth to allign quicker, so I don't see any other option. I do wear them the minute I get home and wear them throughout the night...eventhough it's very painful. I take an ibuprophen and put them on and sleep! :)


Hope all is well with everyone! Keep me posted!

xoxo,
C

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh... I'm sorry you are not feeling well... I'm not really looking forward to bands. I know it is hard, but I bet if you did wear them for a week for 24/7 (except eating) it would probably go away... maybe I am no ortho but when you get your braces tightened it hurts for a week... but after the teeth are where they are supposed to be it gets better. Maybe you should try it... even though it hurts. :( I hope you feel better.

    Love and Support Always, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, hope the pain whilst wearing the bands goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey

    I've just come across your blog. I love reading blogs about other peoples braces journeys.
    I must say I think your teeth look amazing :) The brackets are really nice too, they blend in well with your teeth.

    I know what you mean about the bands they are a big pain. I had to wear them 24/7 for the last 4 months. When you keep them in all the time they don't hurt your teeth as much, you get use to them. I only have to wear mine at night now for the last month before I get the brace off.
    It's definately worth trying to keep them in as much as possible, they really do do a great job.

    Goodluck :) Love Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo!

    Thanks for the comments and for starting to follow my blog!I've also started to follow yours. Thanks for the compliments :D

    You're right about the bands...I wore them 24/7 this three day weekend I had (since I was away from my office) and by the end of the third day my theeth were not in nearly as much pain...It worked! But of course then came Monday and I had to remove them in order to start one of my training session at 8am! :(

    Keep in touch,
    xoxo
    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makay and Shells~
    Thanks for your words of encouragement! They mean the world :)

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete