Monday, October 5, 2009

'Tis the Season

So this weekend I was driving back from Spokane with a couple of friends and we decided to get coffee at Starbucks. So if you guys are familiar with Starbucks you know that they have their yearly "Pumpkin Spice Latte" that are to DIE for! So needless to say I knew exactly what I wanted the minute I walked in and smelled the coffee in the air. "I'll have a Grande Tripple Shot Pumpkin Spice Latte Please!" it was awesome! Knowing that I was going to start eating healthier on Monday and that I wouldn't be having another one of these until next year I enjoyed every sip of it! Until.....I looked in the mirror and smiled!!!! I was horrified! My crystal clear grill all of a sudden turned this musty orange/metal color!!!! I couldn't believe it! I had orange braces!!! Just in time for Halloween! As soon as I got home I brushed and swished with two different kinds of mouth wash but still not much of a change. I was sad :(

Next day woke up not feeling so good. I ended up calling in sick (which I NEVER do...I've done it 1 in 6 years) going to the ER that night only to find out I had INFLUENZA TYPE A /SUB TYPE H1N1!!!!!!!! THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS...SWINE! I was in shock!! Needless to say the whole week I spent curled up in bed trying to recoup from the miseries I was suffering! I'm now feeling back to my normal self...somewhat. The fact that I had swine flu made me forget about my orange gear...once I remembered I checked them out and they seemed to be back to their normal color. They didn't seem orange anymore! Weird! I was glad but still weird! I called my ortho to have my bands changed anyway because I swear that every once in a while I get a glare of orange looking at me in the mirror. So I go in on Wednesday to get my power chain changed. I will keep you guys posted but other than that my gear is doing ok. Since I was sick this whole week and didn't eat for 3 solid days my teeth got a rest from chewing! I'm just now gaining my appetite, and trying to recoup from my 7lbs I lost in about 6 days! I just thank God I'm ok and I can officially say I've survived the orange grill and the swine!

xoxo,
C

4 comments:

  1. That is weird... however I love those "seasonal" starbuck drinks, but know I am going to be careful.
    I am glad to hear you are feeling better. That is insane... I mean you see the swine flu on tv all the time, but you never think you will get it (I am going to go wash my hands right now... I feel very paranoid)...I hope you recover and get well soon. :)
    Love Always, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Makay!
    Yes, please keep that pumpkin spice latte in mind when you're drinking it...still worth every drink :D
    I feel much better, thanks for asking :) I seriously thought it was a joke when the doc told me I had Swine...I was like you, I'd heard about it on TV but never thought it could happen to me! You can never wash your hands enough...I've started using bottles of antibacterial hand stuff too. Keep one in my purse and I'm extra careful about touching my face with dirty hands.

    Thanks for the post :)

    xoxo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are never going to believe this, but I went to Starbucks right after I saw your post (I mean who can resist?) and right after I finished I kept checking my braces to make sure they were not orange... but that's NOT the strange part (and by the way they mine didn't turn orange). BUT I started feeling pretty sick (I already had a cold), and the next morning I woke up with a 102.5 fever! So I went to the doctor, and guess what... I had the swine flu!!!!!!!!!! AND pneumonia! I think we need to BOTH sue Starbucks! They must be putting that swine virus in their pumpkin spice lattes! haha... But I'm not even joking it was so unexpected. I even told my mom about your blog post and your experience... we both thought it was the most bizarre thing EVER! So I am lying in bed right now, and it looks like I Makay am going to survive the swine too. :( But I just thought it was weird... it was exactly like what happened to you. hmmm... crazy. :) Just thought I would share that very strange coincidence... very strange...
    Love and Support Always, Makay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?!! Really? That IS strange! That's it! I blame Starbucks :) Hope you're feeling better soon...I know the swine knocked me off my feet! I never really get sick...but this stuff made me feel terrible! Take care of yourself...drink lot's of fluids and enjoy the medicine they give you that makes you sleepy! I tried my hardest to just sleep through the whole thing.

    Sending lot's of good vibes your way!! Get well soon!

    Your fellow 'Swiner'
    Claudia :)

    ReplyDelete