Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TAA-DAA!!!


Here it is folks! My new smile and corrected jaw!!! These pictures are from my phone so they kinda suck...but you get the picture. I will post new ones up with my digital camera as soon as I get a chance. I'm so so so so so happy with the results and my new smile! It honestly make the whole thing sooooo worth the pain. I couldn't stop smiling yesterday and looking at myself in the mirror! I immediatly sent a picture via text to all my friends...They were all so excited for me!

My teeth feel slimey and wierd...they feel small! And eating without braces is soooo easy! I forget I don't have to check to see if I have food stuck all up in my grill anymore! I feel like I constatly have to swallow because I have extra saliva! I'm sure it's all in my head but I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything in the world!


Can you see them?!!! the wires and brackets that were with me for a whole 14 months and 28 days! RIP! You will NOT be missed! LOL













Taking them off went rather quickly...it's the polishing and grinding of the glue from your teeth that takes forever and it hurts! They warned me that if I had sensitive teeth the 'glue-removal' process would hurt and be a bit painful...boy they weren't kidding! My teeth must be sensitive becuase it hurt :( I had to have her stop filing about 4 times! After that was done It was a breeze! They handed me the mirror and let me check out my new pearly whites! I almost cried...I saw myself stare back at myself in the mirror and just felt all warm and happy inside! I still can't get over the fact that I don't have braces!

After they took them off they took molds of my teeth in this icky puddy stuff. It only took one try and we got good impressions from both top and bottom grills. I just had to remember to breath through my nose becuase you litterally have a mouth-full of puddy! Not fun but not as painful as the griding!

I allowed myself to take the rest of the day off from work becuase this was an exciting day for me!! I got a mani and pedi and got my hair did! I felt like a whole new woman by the end of the day. I feel so confident to just give a big smile to everyone I pass :D Show off my new grill. Kinda like this:












OK that's a bit exagerated but I feel like doing that sometimes! haha!

People have reacted in different ways...It's kinda funny some of the things I hear...

Things people have said:

WOW!
You look older
Your neck looks skinnier
Your cheeck bones are more defined
Your teeth are so perfect they look like dentures...lol
Your teeth look huge
Your teeth are soooo white
You can kiss your boyfriend now!
Your teeth look nice
Your smile is amazing
You look like a new person

I go in to the ortho to pick up my clear retainers today...I'll let ya know how it goes!

I just wanted to share some quick pics. I will post new ones soon.

xoxo,
Claudia





5 comments:

  1. Awww! I am sooooo happy for you! You are gorgeous girl, and so are your teeth! :)

    I think my favorite quote is, "your neck look slimmer" hahahahaha.

    LOVE,

    Makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Girls! I'm super excited with my new smile...braces are SO worth it!

    Thanks for all the support!
    Claudia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! You look amazing!!! Congratulations on your new AND improved pearly whites!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lex!
    Thanks so much...you will be so excited when you get your grill off it will be so worth it!

    Thanks for your support!
    Claudia :)

    ReplyDelete