Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Weekend!


So it was official...I was determined to correct my jaw with braces instead of having to endure the pain of jaw surgery...So I might as well get used to it!

It was going to be my first weekend out with them...Yes them. I sometimes refer to my braces as a third person. My BFF Vanessa was going to be in town for the weekend!! Whoo Hoo! I love it when she come to visit! We decided to go out and have a couple of drinks to start off our weekend extravaganza! I was sooo nervous! Vanessa called and said "I'll pick you up at 9"..."Ok...we'll be ready" "We? Who else is coming" "My Braces and I" She laughed at me and said ok...

As I walked through the bar I couldn't help but feel a little awkward...I felt that people were staring at my braces and not me! That night I also introduced the braces to alcohol! And they approved...they like-te-dit! It was then when I knew we could possibly get along! I don't know if it was the alcohol or my confidence but I started to realize that it really wasn't that bad...I noticed many other girls with braces that night, and some may even say they look hot! ;)

Friday night I went to a bachlorette party...I was a little annoyed at the fact that I couldn't really have any of the food...I just didn't want to risk eating a strawberry, smiling, and having a huge piece of red right in the middle of my newly polished grill! No way! That day only added to my confidence when a girl I had never met asked me how long it had been since I'd had my braces taken off. "Off?" I asked...Then I told her I had just got them on a week and a day ago. She said she thought I was wearing a retainer! It really made me feel good that someone actually though my braces were a retainer! The clear brackets really help disguise that I'm actually wearing braces and people think that I'm wearing a retainer!! So exciting!

On the fourth of July I had a few of my girlfriends over at my house for a "Bridezilla Bridal Lunch Meeting" My BFF Maria is getting married in August! Yes and I will be wearing a cute dress with braces! The only good thing is that the silver in my braces will match the silver belt buckle on the dress! Then I started thinking: not only will I have braces for Maria's wedding, but I will also have braces for my 26th birthday, and our Vegas Bachlorette Party trip in August! OMGoodness! But I can't stop living my life and doing the things I love to do...just because of my new gear!

Later that day I took my braces swimming for the first time! Vanessa and I headed to the pool to catch some sun rays and take a dip in the pool...it was after all in the 90's! All in all this weekend was filled with great memories and most of my Friends were introduced to my new wires ...and it kinda feels good!

:D Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment