Sunday, July 5, 2009

Let Me See Yo' Grill...





I'm starting my blog a little late so I'm trying to catch up...

2 hours! That's all I kept thinking about...How the heck am I going to sit and have the orthodontist look down my throat for 2 hours!!! Luckily I have some of the best BFF's in the world...Maria was texting me that morning making sure I was ok and giving me the extra little push I needed to smile to the world! I heart her<3

I am lucky especially now a days to have dental insurance that will pay for part of my treatment. I still had to fork out 3 grand!!! It's not everyday I write a check for $3,000! It felt kinda weird writing it out! LOL

Getting them on went rather quickly...It didn't take the full 2 hours and it was painless. I opted to get the clear braces on the top and the regular silver color on the bottom rack. "Are you sure you don't want colored bands on your brackets?" Um...Hell-er! NO!!...I wanted to hide them as much as possible! When they were done they handed me a mirror so I could check out my newly pimped out teeth...All I could think about was that dang song..."let me see yo' grill" OMG...I almost screamed! I couldn't see myself in my newly pimped out grill! I just couldn't!

As I left the office I went home so I could fully inspect my new equipment. After a little cry...I put on my big girl underwear and walked out the door and into work. Everyone though I looked cute! Ahh! you look sooo cute! Ummm...that's not the look I was trying to go for...I don't want to look like I'm 12 years old working in the highly demanding business world. I've worked too hard to get where I am...but who wants a boss that looks like a 12 year old girl? LOL


"You'll feel pain in the next couple hours" my ortho said. I didn't think much of it since I wasn't feeling much pain. Then I remembered Brat Child! She warned me and a few hours later I was in pain! Ouch! I went home and tried to eat...let me tell you that's an experience I will never forget! Trying to eat with a mouth full of metal is harder than you think...My diet consists of jello, soup, pudding, mashed potatoes, and anything mushy that doesn't require a lot of chewing.

The weekend was full of pain and minimal eating...I thought I was going to turn into a potato considering that's all I had been eating. On top of the regular foods you can't have when you're an official MM (Metal Mouth) like gum, corn chips, corn, taffy, and carrots. I have to be extra careful not to eat things that could stain the clear brackets on my top grill like mustard, curry, tomato paste, soda, tea, coffee, and red wine. ( I know coffee!!!)

So far I've been doing ok considering I can't eat period! and when I do I spend a good 15 mins trying to clean out the food that gets stuck all up in my grill! Grrr...such a pain to brush your teeth 5 times a day and floss (which takes 10 mins alone) I just keep reminding myself that I will have a perfect smile and a corrected jaw and it will all be worth it in the end! Week One Down!

No comments:

Post a Comment