Sunday, July 5, 2009

This is only the begining...

Hi There!

This is my first blog ever! I've decided to start blogging about my newly be-dazzeled teeth! Well it all started when I went to the dentist for my regular 6 month cleaning and followup. Everything was going as planned when my dentist started comparing my new x-rays from previous ones. He noticed that my jaw was slightly tilted to the right which was causing my bottom teeth to slant to the left! I didn't think anything of it thinking "ok...hurry up...gotta get back to work and I was really craving a mocha". Anyway, he went on to say he thought I should go visit an orthodontist to get a better idea of what was happening and he started telling me if I didn't get it checked out I was prone to gum disease....Have you ever googled gum disease?? Well I did and Yuck...it grossed me out so the next day I called my orthodontist to make an appointment.

As I approached the orthodontist office I walked in feeling super confident...I never really though my teeth were that 'outa-wack'. NEGATIVE! As I waited for my name to be called I sat next to a girl who was probably about 12-13 years old. She just kept looking at me...and I kept thinking ok you little brat...WTF is on my face? Why do you keep looking at me? "Did you take some Advil" she asked...I said "No, why?" "Well you're going to need it." Soon enough my name was called and as I walked back I thought to my self what a wierd encouter I'd just had with Brat Child out in the waiting area.

As I waited patiently I was told I had to remove all of my earrings in order to take a full mouth x-ray...which was a complete huge pain in the butt since I have my ear pierced in the upper cartilage and removing that earing hurts like no other...but I did as I was told and followed instructions (and if you know me...you know I'm not good at taking orders LOL) I was then walked back to the room where my orthodontist walked in and started looking at my x-rays and my teeth..."Yeah, your jaw is tilted to the right...blah blah blah blah blah" Then I heard it..."You need to get braces to correct it" WHAT??? NO! I couldn't believe it! Then he went on to say if I didn't get braces soon, my jaw would set into place and I'd have to get jaw surgery which requires them to break your jaw and wire your mouth shut for weeks! I was in utter shock! I guess I didn't have a choice...I was bound to be known as metal mouth for the next 12-18 months. After the orthodontist left I was asked to schedule my appointment "I have an opening for tomorrow morning" So soon? OMG...I guess the sooner I get them on the sooner they come off. "I'll take it"

No comments:

Post a Comment