I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since I got braces! Time flies and it's really getting a whole lot better...even last week I didn't think I would be able to put up with a year of braces! Don't get me wrong sometimes I just want to rip the damn grill right off my teeth! It's a foreign object in my mouth and I want it out! Like yesterday please!
I get so frustrated at times...it's frustrating not to eat things that could stain my clear brackets on top of other things all my other fellow bracers can't eat. The number one thing I miss is definitely coffee! :( I've been getting bad headaches lately and I'm not sure if it's the pressure from my braces, work stress, or the coffee withdrawals I'm going through. I think it's a combination of all three! I've had to cheat at times...I have a cup of coffee once a week, I especially need my java when I'm sitting in early am meetings! I'm not a morning person and to be expected to function without my daily juice is torture! I've resorted to sugar free Redbull to get my fix, but I love the taste of coffee and it hasn't been the same. My heart is broken and this girl needs coffee! (along with many other things LOL)
Grrr.....

Here's Bugsy showing me his own grill!

Last weekend I went to a wedding where I saw a lot of my family members. It was the first time with them since I got the new pimped out gear. Many even said they couldn't really tell they were braces so that made me feel better. I even danced a few songs with my wires and it felt great! Getting prepped for M's big day!
The other thing I've been dealing with is massive chapped lips! I hate it! I use lotsa chapstick but nothing has been working really! Grr! I hate it...It looks gross and it hurts too! I also haven't had to use my wax much, but today one of my brackets started bothering the inside of my bottom lip. I can't figure out why it would all of a sudden start poking into my lip? It must be because my teeth are moving..IDK but I have wax on right now and it makes it feel soo much better! I love my wax! xoxo! The down side is that I really can't use wax when I'm in public because it's extremely visible since it's on my front rack.
I've been reading other fellow brace blogger's blog and some have the clear grill on the top like I do. I notice that many of them have had trouble with their grill staining. I've had mine on for three weeks and my brackets and bands are still clear and they are not Turing yellow like other bloggers. To all you bracers out there who are struggling with this I recommend using a toothpaste with fluoride as the primary ingredient. I also rinse once a day (night time) with fluoride mouthwash. I never knew how many different types of mouthwash's there are out in the world! OMG! There's like a whole wall of them...different colors, uses, flavors! It's really quite overwhelming. I went to Target to buy some flouride mouthwash thinking I would be in and out...Yeah right! Wrong! I was flabbergasted while looking at all of the different types! Who'da Thunk! 15 mins later I finally had narrowed it down to two different types of brands. I couldn't chose so I just did the inny-minny-miny-moe thing and picked one and left the isle...running! Anyway, I recommend using a fluoride mouthwash every night it helps keep the brackets and bands clean and clear and under control! LOL (wait that's the Neutrogena saying!)
I'm going out of town this weekend and I will be riding in my car, jamming to my music...just me and my grill!
I'm attaching a few pics for your enjoyment purposes! Just my braces, my doggy Bugsy, and me...chillin like a villan.
xoxo,
C
I get so frustrated at times...it's frustrating not to eat things that could stain my clear brackets on top of other things all my other fellow bracers can't eat. The number one thing I miss is definitely coffee! :( I've been getting bad headaches lately and I'm not sure if it's the pressure from my braces, work stress, or the coffee withdrawals I'm going through. I think it's a combination of all three! I've had to cheat at times...I have a cup of coffee once a week, I especially need my java when I'm sitting in early am meetings! I'm not a morning person and to be expected to function without my daily juice is torture! I've resorted to sugar free Redbull to get my fix, but I love the taste of coffee and it hasn't been the same. My heart is broken and this girl needs coffee! (along with many other things LOL)
Grrr.....
Here's Bugsy showing me his own grill!
Last weekend I went to a wedding where I saw a lot of my family members. It was the first time with them since I got the new pimped out gear. Many even said they couldn't really tell they were braces so that made me feel better. I even danced a few songs with my wires and it felt great! Getting prepped for M's big day!
The other thing I've been dealing with is massive chapped lips! I hate it! I use lotsa chapstick but nothing has been working really! Grr! I hate it...It looks gross and it hurts too! I also haven't had to use my wax much, but today one of my brackets started bothering the inside of my bottom lip. I can't figure out why it would all of a sudden start poking into my lip? It must be because my teeth are moving..IDK but I have wax on right now and it makes it feel soo much better! I love my wax! xoxo! The down side is that I really can't use wax when I'm in public because it's extremely visible since it's on my front rack.
I've been reading other fellow brace blogger's blog and some have the clear grill on the top like I do. I notice that many of them have had trouble with their grill staining. I've had mine on for three weeks and my brackets and bands are still clear and they are not Turing yellow like other bloggers. To all you bracers out there who are struggling with this I recommend using a toothpaste with fluoride as the primary ingredient. I also rinse once a day (night time) with fluoride mouthwash. I never knew how many different types of mouthwash's there are out in the world! OMG! There's like a whole wall of them...different colors, uses, flavors! It's really quite overwhelming. I went to Target to buy some flouride mouthwash thinking I would be in and out...Yeah right! Wrong! I was flabbergasted while looking at all of the different types! Who'da Thunk! 15 mins later I finally had narrowed it down to two different types of brands. I couldn't chose so I just did the inny-minny-miny-moe thing and picked one and left the isle...running! Anyway, I recommend using a fluoride mouthwash every night it helps keep the brackets and bands clean and clear and under control! LOL (wait that's the Neutrogena saying!)
I'm going out of town this weekend and I will be riding in my car, jamming to my music...just me and my grill!
I'm attaching a few pics for your enjoyment purposes! Just my braces, my doggy Bugsy, and me...chillin like a villan.
xoxo,
C
No comments:
Post a Comment