Hey All!
This weekend was fabulous! Filled with many mini brace moments! (try saying that fast 3 times) I took my grill to its first concert, and it had tons of fun :o) As I walked into the place I noticed that the girl who stamped my hand and let us in was wearing braces...but she did the complete opposite of what I'm trying to do, she was trying to hide her wonderful grill! She kept her lips over her teeth as she talked...she looked silly. I almost wanted to tell her, but we all have to learn to accept ourselves sooner or later and she'll realize it eventually. During the concert a security guard passed right by us and smiled...and guess what? He had a bedazzled grill! He was much older than I and he was rockin' it! So to all my fellow bracers...Let's ROCK ON!
It's really funny that I notice peoples teeth now more than ever. I never would have paid attention and remembered anyone random with braces...but now I remember all of my fellow bracers I cross paths with. It's really fun too :) And I'm hoping to capture it all on my blog...anyone I run into that has braces will hopefully end up on my blog!
Mid concert, I heard it...One of my fav songs! And I sang my little heart out! Then I noticed the people standing in front of me seemed a little wierded out...I ignored them, stopping only once to catch my breath and take a sip of my vodka-tonic. Then it came to mind that I may be spraying spit as I sang! I tried not to spit as I sang...but I couldn't help it! I felt like I was drooling! So I took it as a lesson learned and I will just lip sing next time!
When BFF and I walked up to the bar to get a drink (and a couple of shots) of course V pulls out her camera and wants to take pics...lots of pics! and close up pics! Ugh! I'm still trying to get used to seeing myself in pictures with my shiny grill....But getting better by the day. I think it's easier for me not to hide them becuase I know that eventually I will not have them, but pictures are harder for me because they will last forever! Here's a long life pic memory:
This picture will last forever as well as the memories...truly one of the best performers ever!!!
The next morning was filled with shopping, shopping, and more shopping! LOL...One of the girls who helped at one of the many stores was wearing braces...she was about my age but her brackets were white, where mine are clear. I think they were more noticeable since nobody really has perfect white teeth. She noticed my grill I noticed her grill and we shinned our grills to each other...LOL sounds nasty!
Later that night we met up with some long-lost friends! It's always fun to meet up with friends you haven't seen in years! So I walked up to a long lost buddy David and he quickly asked how long I'd had braces on for. I explained my story, offered to share my blog address, etc. (I swear I'm just going to give out cards with my blog address on them so they can just read about it...I've had to explain my story over a million times!) So he went on to tell me he worked for an orthodontist office and then he pulled down his lip and showed me his clear bottom grill! I was ecstatic! We shared a few braceology moments and had a few laughs...It was great!
Overall this weekend was great! I ran into sooo many people with braces in such a short amount of time! I love it...
Don't forget to proudly smile :D
KISSES!
I'm exactly the same - I am noticing more and more people with braces now (and I dont even have mine on yet) :) I know I wont be trying to hide them because it looks worse than the braces themselves, which in fact arent that bad anyway.
ReplyDeleteHi! I completely agree. The braces are part of you for as long as you wear them, so why not just embrace them :D Peolpe might stare a bit, and when they do, I give them a wider smile, so they know they're not seeing things LOL. It'll all be worth it in the end!
ReplyDeleteHi Claudia
ReplyDeleteI've just read your entire blog - sounds stalkerish I know but I was just trying to find inspiration and tips from other bracees because I just got mine today.
It sounds like we're in a similar boat and you've got great grill stories...cant wait to read more.
Heidy
Hi All, thanks for the comments! I'm so glad I'm not alone in the wonderful journey ;)
ReplyDeleteHeidy, I'm glad you're enjoying my blog...that's what it's here for. I want to inspire others to be proud of their smile it really makes a difference. Reading other blogs helped me a lot in the begining and it's still helpful to read other's stories since I'm still there and I can relate.
Avy, isn't it wierd how we notice things now that we didn't before? Crazy the way it works!
B, so glad you also proudly show off your grill! :D Keep rockin' it!